Friday, August 15, 2014

Suddenly, it's summer.

Summer snuck up on me this year, it always does. Like one day in June I'm pulling out a turtleneck sweater then BAM! it's time to start shaving my legs again.

There are so many things I love about summer...ice cream, the beach, popsicles, sitting outside at night, ice cream, sparklers and more ice cream.

Here are some great things that scream summer to me:

Sally Hansen Nail Polish:
Damn, this polish by Sally Hansen is good. You can use one coat instead of two, it has a flat brush that makes the application really easy and it lasts like almost two full weeks without chipping. Thanks Sally.


Cherry Vanilla Cologne:
Not a perfume but a "cologne" purchased at Rite Aid for under ten smackers. 
And it delivers -- smells like cherry vanilla baby.


Pimm's Cup Cocktail from East Glisan Pizza Lounge:
From my favorite neighborhood pizza joint, sooo refreshing and delicious I could drink two. Or three. Don't judge me, it's summer and I'm thirsty. Pimm's No. 1, cucumber, orange, lemon and ginger ale. Heaven.


This Necklace:
I like cherries.


Ice Cream Sandwiches:
Melt-y vanilla in between chocolate cake-y rectangles. Licking the vanilla around 
the edges then cleaning the cake-y stuff off your fingers like a cat. Summer.


"Suddenly Last Summer" by The Motels:
Of course I love Summer of '69 and Cruel Summer, but no other '80s song quenches my thirst like Martha Davis hot sexy voice singing of a love that doesn't end once the summer does. And the video is all dreamy and has an ice cream truck in it. I am totally singing this next time I karaoke.



I know it's now mid-August and summer is suddenly about to end...lets soak up these last few weeks. Get an ice cream sandwich from my friend the Good Humor Man. Lick your fingers you guys. Smell like cherries and vanilla. And have a foofy summer cocktail. 

Because in a month it's all pumpkins, turtlenecks and candy corn.

2 comments:

  1. Lovely song :)
    http://balearaitzart.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it so pretty? Your drawings are amazing, thank you for sharing!

      Delete