Friday, April 11, 2014

Can o' color.

Mondays are my day off of work and if you know me, you know I cherish them to pieces. 

You said it, Garfield.
I don't have to go to work. I don't ever have to hear anyone say "Somebody's got a case of the Mondays" or have un-funny Monday office-related banter with anyone.

Some Mondays I get nothing done. I watch three hours of the Today Show and start daydreaming about what I'm going to make for dinner. 

Some are super productive, like today. Here's what I did after I dropped the boys off at school/before I picking them up at 2:00:

Worked out 
Cleaned two bathrooms 
Laundry
Wrote two blog posts
Called Grandma ("Looorri...How's my beautiful baby girl?")
Took a shower/shaved my legs (This is huge.)
Walked to the grocery store and bought groceries (Dinner! Tacos!)
Colored my hair

Well...I kind of colored my hair. 
Not really. It didn't work.

Nice? Sure. Easy? Absolutely.
100% Gray Coverage? NO WAY JOSE.

I don't know if this is possible but I think it made my hair more gray than it was before.


"AFTER"

I was mad! I know it was like a $5.99 box of root touch up 
but it took time...precious Monday/day off/I-could-be-watching-Hoda-and-Kathie-Lee-time.

Thank goodness I keep this little can on hand:


Rita Hazan Root Concealer is awesome. And weird. When I use it I always feel like I'm using spray paint and tagging my head. Or using the worlds tiniest fire extinguisher. 

It truly covers the grays; what was once used as a touch up between hair color appointments has now become a staple. 

A little spritz on my part and I say, "Gray?!? What gray?!?
I don't really say that but I totally will if you want me to...

It's not cheap, $25 for a small can of it at Sephora but I only need a tiny bit to cover up the offensive area, it really lasts a long time. And unlike the boxed stuff I know it works.

Rita Hazan, I don't know who the hell you are, but thank you. 

And box of color, I'm off to Fred Meyer with my receipt in hand like a crazy lady, attempting to return an empty box and get my money back.

No comments:

Post a Comment