Friday, August 9, 2013

The icing on the (cup)cake.

If orange is the new black, then cupcake is the new cake.
And it has been for quite some time - you guys know that.

I'm pretty sure I was waaay ahead of the game before cupcake mania set in across the nation.
I've been into cupcakes since, like, I was five?
I mean, who doesn’t love a cupcake?
Whoever doesn't - I'd like to meet with them so I can question them - then maybe smack them around a little bit.

I kind of thought I knew everything about cupcakes that there was to know. That was, until last weekend.
My friend Julie was having a birthday party for her daughter Daphne, who was turning one. Daphne was in her pink tutu sweet as can be having her first cupcake as I grabbed one for myself.

I started to unwrap it when my friend Megan schooled me on how to properly eat one.

"You make a cupcake sandwich, right?" she asked. Then I watched as she did this:

Bing                  Bang              Boom
Who knew…all these years I’d been doing it wrong.

Another pretty pink cupcake I’ve been into lately is this one from Revlon, I’ve been searching high and low to match this MAC lip color that is down to the nub and I think I did pretty good.

Nub vs. New.

Revlon Colorburst Lip Butter in "Cupcake" (how could I not buy it)
was $7.99 at Rite Aid, a perfect summertime frosting for my lips.
Super glossy and hydrating. The color is kind of 60's chic without being too frosty.
Mmmmm, frosty...

Old timey glamourous packaging = SOLD.

Oh, and I'm not kidding when I say that this is my other current favorite cupcake,
ALSO PRICED AT $7.99 AND AVAILABLE AT RITE AID.


Cupcake Vineyards makes a Pinot Grigio that makes me feel like the ultimate Real Housewife of Portland, Oregon.

Seriously, I like this wine. A lot.

I'm going to do a little research to see if this Cupcake Vineyards is an actual place.
It sounds kinda like Oz to me. Maybe I'll work on a Kickstarter campaign to get me there because it
sounds pretty wonderful.

Bing                Bang           Boom

At Daphne's birthday party when I finished my (third) cupcake sandwich
I asked this question to the other women/little girls:
 "When you guys were little, did anyone else used to chew on the cupcake wrapper
 like gum to get off all the leftover cakey bits?"
 Then I ate the cupcake wrapper.
I got the following responses:
 "No."
"What?"
"Gross."
"Eeew."
"Lori, I think I need to walk away." 

 
I guess I enjoy my cupcakes like I enjoy my lipstick.
Down to the nub.

2 comments:

  1. I used to secretly chew on the wrapper too. No shame!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Finally Danika somebody admits to it! Thank you. It was like I had two heads.

      Delete