Friday, May 3, 2013

You are an obsession.

At work today as I headed off to my lunch break I said to my friend Tracie, "I'm off to get my latest obsession."

"Make-up-related or food-related?" she asked, knowing that if I am obsessing about anything it would fall under one of those two categories.

Yup.

Here are a few of my latest obsessions.
Fun. Spring-y. Must have now obsessions.

Trésor perfume by Lancôme.
Certain fragrances swoop me back in time. Like Paris always makes me think of my mom, Charlie makes me think of my grandma, and Drakkar makes me think of making out with boys who were bathing in the stuff back in eighth grade. When I caught a whiff of my old luv-ah Trésor on someone the other day I knew I had to have a bottle of that on my dresser and on my bod - STAT. I went through several bottles of this lovely Lancôme perfume back in the nineties before I ditched it for all things vanilla. But when that woman passed me, mmmmm...apricot-y, peach-y, a little spicy and a little floral. I went out with a gift card I had and got myself that pretty little bottle again. People ask, "What's that you're wearing?" and I can't stop smelling my arm so, I think that's a sign of a good purchase.
 
Little treasure.

Silk Crepe pink polish by Essie.
I don't usually wear hot pink polish, I tend to gravitate toward either a vampy deep red or a ballet-slipper-barely-there pink.  My bestie Laura writes an awesome blog called Finding Lagom which is all about paring down the "stuff" in her life. Lucky me, sometimes I reap the benefits of Laura's paring down - I get first dibs on any beauty products she's unloading. Recently I acquired some of her nail polish collection. I've worn this color by essie a bunch lately and have finally discovered a nail color with just the right amount of "hot" and just the right amount of "pink" that work for me. All thanks to Laura and her lagom. 

 
Cheap-ass dresses from Old Navy.
Okay, I know these are neither cosmetic or food, but I am kind of obsessed with them. I bought these three in one swoop a few weekends ago - for under twenty bucks. FOR ALL THREE WITH A COUPON. I thought they would be great weekend dresses but guess what? I'm wearing them to work too. Since I've gone part-time I'm trying really, really hard not to shop for clothes but come on, these were so cheap! And cute! I've spent hours admiring the receipt, silently praising myself while reflecting on my great deal.

Patriotic! Jailbird! Warholesque!

And the black and white one has pockets! I loooove pockets on a dress. Today, I made up a little "pockets on a dress" rap song at work and sang it from the lunch room to the reception area. As you can imagine no one was annoyed with that at all.

The "Pockets on a Dress" single hits the clubs this summer.

"Bowl of the Gods" acai bowl from kure juice bar.
I'll be honest, I have no idea what the hell this even is.
I do know that it is a true obsession from kure juice bar. I also know that it is like eating a giant bowl of ice cream in the middle of the day, which I am totally good with. Here is the deal - I saw a girl order this and immediately had total food envy after ordering a smoothie that tasted like a lawn. The next day I ordered this Bowl of the Gods  like I knew what the hell I was talking about, hoping it tasted as good as it looked when the girl got it. I don't want to sound dumb, I mean I know what bananas are but I'm not sure what "happy berries" or "Sambazon Acai" is.
I sure as hell know I like it though, whatever it  is. I'm eating it a lot and I think that it's healthy. I think. I hope it's healthy. It's from a juice bar.

The ingredients are listed above, and I still don't understand.

Bowl of goodness on my lap.

Looks revolting, tastes great!

Ummm, yeah...I didn't like that at all.
 
When I love something a lot I want everyone else to try it/love it as much as I do.
So please go to Old Navy this weekend. These dresses are on the clearance rack, they won't be there forever.
I'm trying to help you.
When I run into you on the street I expect to see stripes. Yes, even the horizontal ones, it's okay.
Wear your dress and meet me at the juice bar for a gigantic bowl of whatever.

4 comments:

  1. I have to admit I tried a bite of Lori's 'mud bowl' and is was pretty darn tasty:o)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. SO good - I want it now! Obsessed!

      Delete
  2. And I love those cheap Old Navy dresses...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love! Still basking in the good-buy-afterglow.

      Delete