Friday, September 28, 2012

Call me corny.

Fall is my favorite season by far.


        There is a chill in the air, but it’s bright and sunny out.

      Tights, turtlenecks, sweaters – fall clothes are the best!

      Colorful leaves crunch under your feet and float from the sky.

      I ceremoniously switch to my favorite "pumpkin purse."

Bag 'o tricks.


 But most importantly, the onset of fall whispers two little words into my ear:
Candy.
Corn.
Sweet Jesus I love candy corn!
I love it so much that I cannot be trusted with it.

Even my four year old knows it needs to be hidden away from Mommy, or Mommy will go to bed cursing herself on a sugar high that keeps her up until three a.m. in a cold sweat.

And don’t try and give me those bullshit pumpkins, other candy corn flavored shaped gourds, brown Indian candy corn or try and tell me in April that pastel colored Easter candy corn tastes the same, or better – it’s not and it doesn't.


Give me my yellow on the bottom, orange in the middle, white pointy topped little triangle and I’m a happy girl.
A very happy girl.

So…how excited do you think I was browsing through Sephora when I came upon this:


Based on the name of the product alone, I knew it would be mine.

I love candy corn three-in-one shampoo, shower gel and bubble bath by philosophy was made for candy corn addicts like me who love the almost (almost) sickeningly sweet scent. I scooped it up and looked forward to some sweet time in the tub that night.

I don’t love the philosophy stuff as far as shampoo goes but I do love it as a bubble bath and shower gel. And this was way y-u-m-m-y. Sweet, vanilla/honey/corny goodness.

I felt like Mena Suvari on the poster for American Beauty.

Americorn Beauty

Finally, a candy corn indulgence that doesn’t have to be hidden away from me for the love of God.
Fat free! Zero points! No calories!

I'm off for another dreamy bath full of honey-marshmallow bubbles.

Oh - hang on - my snack.


A girl's gotta eat!


2 comments:

  1. Yet another food we both LOVE! Although, I must say I do favor the Easter pastel version:o) Either way I'm pretty sure our dentists would consider both versions 'evil'. Oh well, corn on!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lori, I just read this post. But I swear, every year when the candy corn busts out, I think about you and your love of it. I too, am a fan of the candy corn.

    ReplyDelete