Thursday, August 23, 2012

Shouldn't ya?

Here are a few highlights from my endless mental to-do list:

Change the sheets.
Oil change for the car.
Cut up that very fragrant cantaloupe on the kitchen counter before it's too late.
Take chipped polish off of toes.
Pay that parking ticket (grrrr.)
Go through the mail.
Buy coffee filters for the love of God. I'm tired of using napkins and paper towels.
Replace old tights/underwear (sometimes "crotchless" isn't really meant to be "crotchless".)

As you can tell, there's a lot to do here at Camp Lori.

Below are some things that I accomplished in a 24-hour-period.
They are small, but I felt damn good afterwards.

Wash your make up brushes.
Who cares about the eye shadow brushes, or the one you use to make your brows pretty. But your foundation, powder and blush brushes - when was the last time you washed those puppies? My skin has been pretty bad lately, breaking out and splotchy. Hmmm, I wonder if it could be tied to the fact that I haven't washed my brushes since Regis and Kelly were still together? I washed them on Friday easy-peasy using baby shampoo, it took ten minutes. And that fresh-clean-brush-on-my-face-feeling the next morning? So nice.



Lather, rinse, repeat.

Replace your mascara.


Being a mascara-hoarder is ridiculous and potentially bad for your peepers. They say you are supposed to rotate the stuff every three months - I admit I'm not that good about it. I tend to buy and buy and buy until I have a favorite, while I ignore the previous purchases. Currently, this is the favorite child so I am getting rid of the rest.



Mama's favorite - Voluminous Million Lashes by L'Oreal.

Get fitted for and buy a new bra.
I still can't believe that there are women in the world who have not gone out and gotten themselves properly fitted for a bra. Oprah let me in on some crazy statistic that like 80% of women are wearing the wrong bra size? Ridiculous! If I could afford to, I would go out and buy myself a new bra at Nordstrom like once a month. Now, a bra isn't something I can just go and buy at Target or Victoria's Secret. Those bras simply cannot handle my cups - they floweth over in those tiny things. Sure it's more expensive to shop at Nordy's for the brands that I love (Wacoal, Felina) but it's worth it. And my boobs are important - I need the help of a professional to get measured and be told, "Lori, that is the perfect fit." I walk out of there standing way taller than when I came in.

Investing 101.

It's amazing the sense of accomplishment you can feel after doing the teeniest-tiniest things...like after I cleaned my make up brushes I felt great! Throwing away those old mascaras, like I was creating a little feng shui in my bathroom drawer! And buying a new bra? I felt like a million bucks!

That's well-worth the sixty I spent.

2 comments:

  1. I'm one of the 80%. Can I really get fitted at Nordys? I'm going to do it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes yes yes go get fitted at Nordy's CA - treat yourself - you will be amazed with the results, I always am! :)

      Delete