Friday, March 2, 2012

Watt's up with that.

What comes to mind when I say the word dewy?

• Fresh morning dew on spring flowers?
• David Arquette’s character from the Scream movies?
• A word that rhymes with ewwy?

Huey, Dewy, Louie, and Ewwy.

I never though I was a dewy-skin girl.

Like J-Lo...now that’s a dewy girl. If you look up dewy in the dictionary, she should be there. J-Lo has that wet paint look. I would be nervous to touch her, she may smear.

Not really the look I’m going for.

But dewy is youthful – sure, I’ll go for that.
And not dried-up – yes, I enjoy that as well.

Watt’s Up by benefit is one of those beauty products I never thought I needed, and now can’t imagine being without it. When my friend Chelsea at the benefit counter went to try it on me, I gave her a sideways-why-bother look. She applied it to one side of my face, highlighting my forehead, nose, just above my lips and my favorite area, the ORBITAL AREA of my face around my eyes.

Did you know you had an orbital area? Isn't it awesome that you do?

Watt a difference!

One side of my face had that just-back-from-vacation glow! The other side of my face looked dull in comparison.

Watt had I been missing out on all this time? Watt indeed...

The packaging is adorable, as all of benefit’s packaging is, little light bulbs decorate a silver/lavender shiny tube. The cream is a bubbly champagne color that you twist up, while the other end of the tube has a ball shaped sponge to blend the cream onto your face (I prefer using my fingers, how do you clean that dirty little ball? Blech.)


Watt’s Up gives me that warm, glowy-from-within-look. I like that. It is creamy and velvety and stays on all day - I can still see the sheen when I go to take off my makeup at the end of the day. I can wear it alone, or on top of foundation and powder. And my face doesn’t look greasy or wet when I wear it. I like that too.

My world is now illuminated - my face was once a 15 watt bulb and now glows at 60.

High voltage.




No comments:

Post a Comment