Friday, January 20, 2012

Am I blue?

Back in the day, I wore copious amounts of blue eye make up.

Items of note:
1. Blue shadow
2. Paisley jacket
3. Friends' awesome headband
My baby brown peepers were a stark contrast to the electric blue I smeared onto my poor little eyeballs. Blue shadow, blue liner, all topped off with insanely electric blue mascara. I remember my Wet ‘n Wild tube of blue mascara that I would cake on resulting in a look that was a cross between Tammy Faye Baker and the entire cast of The Smurfs.

Up until recently I have tried - and failed - in finding that perfect shade of blue that looks good on a dark eyed, dark haired, Italian girl.

I have several pencils in various shades of aqua, navy, lapis, baby, and slate blue that now reside in my children’s colored pencil box. They were beginning to become artistic as I was beginning to lose hope.

Until now.



Blue-ti-ful!
 
My new eyeliner and latest obsession which my boys will not be using at craft time is by Laura Mercier. Black Turquoise is that perfect shade of back and blue together – exactly what I was looking for.

The texture is soft and creamy (I loathe a tough as lead eyeliner pencil - ouch) and the color is shimmery and stunning. More teal than turquoise, it has smoky dark undertones that completely work with my skin tone. I use it with a real neutral taupe shadow and bada-bing - blue finally works on me!

So if at first you don’t succeed…try, try again. I did, and I found my blue.
And my four year old went through his "blue phase" with his artwork.

Color us blue.


Items of note:
1. Screaming blue eye makeup
2. Mouth full of braces
3. Mom's awesome giant cat head shirt


1 comment:

  1. umm wow! I can't take my eyes off your mom's shirt.

    ReplyDelete