Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Sugar...awww honey, honey.

Everyone around me is cutting things out of their diets.

Gluten…
Dairy…
And even…(gulp)
SUGAR.

So what did I tell my circle of friends when they started eliminating certain foods from their diets?

I told them they were crazy…nuts…asked them what the hell were they were going to eat now - rocks?

And then I decided to become a vegan.
Well, a kind of unofficial vegan, because I am not very good at it.

Last night after I had polished off a cup of soy milk ice cream (which by the way is gross) I tore apart my freezer like an animal going in for the kill. I knew there was a Milky Way candy bar in there somewhere that I had thrown in on Halloween night. And not one of those “fun size” bars (which to me are no fun at all because they are small) but a full size candy bar. Success – I devoured the full size sweetness in record time, almost chipping a tooth on its frozen goodness - it would have totally been worth it.

I didn’t look at the ingredients but I am pretty sure that Milky Ways are not vegan, with the word milk being in the name and all.

Like I said, I’m a bad vegan – but I am pretty good at enjoying sugar, and I ain’t giving it up.


lip smackers.
Speaking of sugar, I have another sugar obsession – Sugar Lip Treatment is the yummiest, zero-calorie, fat-free, vegan, gluten-free, organic, non-dairy, vegetarian sweet you can treat yourself to this holiday season. This stuff is like heaven in a tube. Why? Because it has sugar in it, mixed with reparative oils that make your lips not only look delicious, they taste delicious too. I have to resist eating it off my lips after applying it. Gross, I know, but true.

The scent reminds me of something from my childhood that I can’t quite place my finger on, but I think it involved my grandma’s house and eating some sort of dough.



Sugar comes in a clear delicious balm as well as some lovely tinted colors like rose, plum, and honey that give your lips a sweet treat along with a tint of color. This stuff is addictive.



So next time you want to look and taste delicious, get
yourself some Sugar.

Tonight, post soy ice cream, I will coat my lips in this heavenly scent, hoping it will block the open can of frosting that is in my fridge out of my mind.

Pray for a Christmas miracle.

I don't see "vegan" clearly listed on the front of the can, but I'll be sure to double check the label.

2 comments:

  1. The original sugar balm reminds me of sugary fruit flavored breakfast cereal - like Froot Loops or Trix or Fruity Pebbles.

    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello! I am interested in one thing, of course if I'm not asking too much could you please tell us your place of origin?

    ReplyDelete