Friday, December 30, 2011

Now bring us some figgy pudding.



One of my favorite music videos from the 80’s is “The One Thing” by INXS.

First of all, Michael Hutchence is at his peak, looking like a cat out on the prowl with his pouty lips, foxy, intense stare and Jim Morrison swagger.

Yowza.

Secondly the video has that 80's video burnt-out-blinding-white-glare, a catchy guitar riff that sticks in your head and sexy lyrics like, "Well you know just what you do to me, the way you move, soft and slippery..."

Wowza.

But the reason I really, really love this video is because of the dinner party - this is the kind of party I would love to attend. One where cats crawl on the table, guests feed each other grapes and tear apart large hunks of bread, and where a woman with giant earrings erotically eats a fig like nobody’s business.

That scene in 9 1/2 Weeks, the “Bread and Butter” scene? That has nothing on this ridiculous, over the top, dra-ma-tic video.

Since then, I have always associated figs with that big-haired 80’s woman at the INXS dinner party. Until now.

Bite Beauty’s Luminous Crème Lipstick in Fig is the star of my makeup bag this week. Why? It is a lush, long-lasting lip color in the perfect shade of pink – but not a special occasion pink – more of an everyday pink. It is moisturizing and matte at the same time – how do they do that? Thank goodness for science.

On top of all that, each Bite lipstick contains the amount of resveratrol found in five glasses of red wine. Now I have no idea what resveratrol is, from what I could gather it is some form of antioxidant. I assume I should put down my fifth glass of wine and apply more lipstick.

Let me crawl down from the table and grab my makeup bag.

Take a bite!

No comments:

Post a Comment