Monday, November 14, 2011

Just another mascara monday.

Get excited people…I got another tube of mascara in the mail today.

This is my third surprise product that I have so graciously received from a reader and let me tell you…it does not get old.

Once again, it feels like Christmas morning!

I tore open the package, excited to see what could be inside.

To quote the dad from A Christmas Story as he lifts off the top of the fra-gee-lay box containing the leg lamp, “There could be ANYTHING in there!”

I get giddy pretty easily.

This package was from my old friend from high school, Jocelyn.
Jocelyn is a goodie.

At Gaither High School in Tampa Florida, Jocelyn and I loved the following:

• Cruising for boys in my dad’s convertible
• Being thespians (that’s THESpians…with a TH)
• Making our hair super-gigantic:


Thespian Awards.

The envelope included:

L’oreal Double Extend Beauty Tubes Mascara
• Two pieces of Laffy Taffy (sour apple and banana)
• The best damn review for a mascara ever:


Jocelyn, thank you for the mascara, and for your review…I do love it.
But based on your letter I do have two tiny pearls of wisdom for you:

Please don't sleep in your make up; this kept me awake last night.

And...

Please don't let Drew Barrymore's cuteness talk you into anything anymore. Back in the day she got me to buy some Guess? Jeans, see a movie multiple times called Poison Ivy, and in 1995 she made me pay for a Playboy Magazine. She has some secret power, I think.

You always did have beautiful eyes and eyelashes, and just so you know, whenever I hear “Circle in the Sand” by Belinda Carlisle or “The Flame” by Cheap Trick, I totally think of you.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for your permission to resist the temptress Drew. I think I can, I think I can.

    ReplyDelete