Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Ba-da-bing!

On my lunch hour yesterday I was on a mission.

I was making my way through Macy’s fast and furious, heading toward the elevators. I needed to go to the fourth floor to check out party dresses, to find something I could wear to my office holiday soiree.

I was hoping to find the perfect dress in sixty minutes, use a coupon, get a great deal and check this task off of my list of things to do when I breezed past the benefit counter and heard these magic words:

“Would you like to take a break, sit down for a few minutes and let me touch up your make up?”

The dress shopping was going to have to wait.

I love the look of the benefit line, 60’s inspired, kitschy and fun. My make up artist, Shelly, tried several products on me and I liked all of them a lot. But there was one very stand out, one star of the show.

It's true.
They're not false!
They’re Real – this mascara is beyond belief and may be…ahem…this is a bold statement, the BEST DAMN MASCARA I HAVE EVER USED.

There, I said it.

This mascara makes my puny lashes look so crazy long and thick, it seriously looks like I am wearing falsies. Now, this is not the first time I have been accused of wearing falsies, I have told you before that I developed at an early age - but guess what?

They’re real…on all fronts.

I loved batting my eyes the rest of the afternoon in the office, feeling like I was an extra on Mad Men.

And the dress? I’ll have to find a flirty little retro number to go along with my new falsies. We’ll see if I can make it past the cosmetic counters today at noon.

Maybe I should go in a different entrance.


Good Lord - what wouldn't you buy from this woman???

No comments:

Post a Comment