Wednesday, October 19, 2011

The way-yay-ting is the hardest part.

Immediate gratification – ain’t nothing like it!

We want things fast…now…yesterday!

When I was young, I yearned to be 13 (because now I am a teenager!), then 16 (because of the whole sweet sixteen thing!), then 18 (because now I am an adult!), then 21 (because now I can drink…in public!)

In my twenties my morning routine was much easier than it is today. I worked at a staffing service, in the office, and spent my days interviewing people and sending them out on temporary jobs. I could pretty much roll out of bed, put my hair up, throw on some mascara and some presentable “work costume” and head out the door. Somehow I managed to make it through an eight hour workday on three hours sleep, after drinking, smoking, and exhausting amounts of flirting at a Blind Melon concert with no problem.

Looking back, I am shocked and appalled at the state my work hair was in at that point in my life. There was just no time to wash and blow dry – I was running on fumes and had to get to work on time.

What type of position are you interested in?
Can I see your resume?
Do you like Blind Melon?

Seriously, how did I not get fired based on my I-don’t-have-time-to-wash-my-hair-so-I’ll-look-like-the-Bride-of-Frankenstein every day thing I had going on. I’m sure potential employees that I was interviewing were wondering the same thing.

I recently discovered a product that would have made my morning routine a little easier back on “Hangover-Wednesday.”

KMS makes a product that (get this) you spray on your hair and it actually makes it dry faster.

I know, you’re thinking what is this, some kind of voodoo magic?
How can spraying something wet help make my hair dry?

Now I’m no scientist, but I do know a thing or two about wet hair and blow dry time.


Free Shape Quick Blow Dry works. I have A LOT of hair and it can take A LONG TIME to dry with the old blow dryer and diffuser. I just spray it on my towel dried hair, and abracadabra, it cuts my drying time by like 50%.

Just like any good magic trick I don’t need to know how it’s done…it’s just done.

I can slap that snooze button once more knowing how quickly I’ll be able to dry my hair.

I'll save the hangovers for the weekends - I'm a grown up now.

No comments:

Post a Comment