Monday, October 17, 2011

The miracle worker.

It was my senior year of high school – something had to give.

As you know from past posts I had tried out for (and failed at getting into) the following groups:
  • Starettes (dance team)
  • Showcase (glee club)
  • Starring role in the senior musical Funny Girl (I was cast as one of Fanny Brice’s mother’s friends, Mrs. Henry)
  • Student Council (even bribery with candy for votes did not work)

I could go on and on but I am starting to get depressed.
Obviously I wanted to be a part of something, pretty bad.

Cue auditions for the senior play, The Miracle Worker.

Now this was more up my alley, no singing involved, no choreography, and virtually no lines!

I auditioned and nearly fainted when the cast announcement was made and yes, yours truly was about to play Helen Keller.

I was the biggest haired 1989 Helen Keller you had ever seen, but I was thankful, and happy, and relished and mustarded my starring role.





I got so many flowers.
I'm jealous.
I'm tired.
I want a PROM DATE.

A new miracle showed up in my life recently and I couldn’t help but think back to that production.

miracle worker dark spot corrector by philosophy is truly that - a miracle worker. The product claims to visibly improve the appearance of dark spots and skin discoloration associated with age spots (hooray!) acne scarring (yippee!) and sun damage (wa-hooie!)

I had pretty bad acne in high school that left me with some lovely scars. I have been using this miracle worker product for about a month now and I can see a noticeable difference in the nasty marks that were left behind.

Boy, does this make me happy.

Now it’s not a complete miracle, the spots aren’t gone, but yes, they are lighter. How do I know for sure? I used to put concealor on one particular spot everyday and guess what…I don’t anymore.

As Boy George would say, “It’s a Miracle.”

If I could rub this stuff on my brain I could easily erase the memory of not making the dance team.

Results would take just four-to-six-weeks.

Miracle on 34th Street
and on my street too.

1 comment: