Monday, October 10, 2011

High roller.

This is totally how I dress to go get my hair done.
I would have loved to have been one of those glamour-puss ladies back I the late ’50’s – early 60’s who went and got her hair done weekly at the beauty parlor. I would have sat under a big warm dome, my head filled with gigantic rollers while getting my nails painted “Jungle Red” all while smoking a ciggy in one of those fancy holders.

Since I have curly hair I have never had the pleasure of using rollers, although I did experiment with my mom’s hot rollers she used to have when I was a kid. No better toy for a little girl than scalding hot spiky pieces of plastic! I loved rolling those little logs into my head, securing them with a giant metal u-shaped clip – I would put a shower cap on over the rollers, puff on one of Mom’s not-lit Virginia Slims and pretend I was in the movie The Women with Joan Crawford and Rosalind Russell.

Ahhh, youth.

Today I can still get close to that beauty parlor in my mind by using Liquid Rollers Curl Balm by evo. My hairdresser introduced me to this styling balm that holds my curls together and protects against frizz. It has a really nice, thick consistency and doesn’t leave my curls crunchy or sticky.

I feel fresh from the dryer – my hair is soft - not painful to the touch, which is good.

I’m gonna go and put on my cat eye sunglasses, paint my nails red and rest my elbows in two halves of a lemon.

Oh, and can you buy one Virginia Slim at the 7-11?



No comments:

Post a Comment