Thursday, September 1, 2011

Scent and the city.

Here are two things I love with a big, gigantic, red heart:

• New York
• Perfume

Bond No. 9 has launched an entire line of perfumes in honor of New York City. Where has this line been all my life?

The Bond No. 9 collection of women's, men's, and unisex eaux de parfum — has a dual mission: To restore artistry to perfumery, and to mark every New York neighborhood with a scent of its own. Each fragrance represents a specific downtown, midtown, or uptown locale or a city-wide sensibility. It infuses the island of Manhattan with scents – genius!

The variety of fragrances available in the line is as big as the city itself. And the bottles are miniature works of art. You know I am a sucker for some good packaging and this line is an over-achiever in the eye candy department.

You can visit every inch of the city through the different scents – let’s go to Fashion Week at Bryant Park, in this hot pink and black little number, selling sweetly of rose-patchouli concoction with pink pepper.

Then let’s take the A-train on to New Haarlem and sit in a cabaret jazz club. This androgynous sexy scent has notes of coffee, vanilla, and patchouli.

My favorite of the line (so far) is Chinatown. The gorgeous cherry-blossom bottle contains an equally gorgeous avant-garde scent containing notes of Peach blossoms, gardenia, tuberose, patchouli, and cardamom.


Oh, and don’t get me started on the Andy Warhol bottles. His artwork graces the Union Square, Montauk and Lexington Avenue bottles - this is an art exhibit I can really get into.


But how can I choose a favorite, there are so many. I guess I will just have to try samples from the line in again, the most fun packaging ever. Imagine my reaction when the saleslady handed over what looked like a beautiful piece of candy. Nope, that miniature bon-bon is my perfume sample. What a treat!

Yummy.
Bond no. 9, I am nutty for you. I like your style, I like your smell, and I like your attitude.

Now I can have a little piece of New York on my wrist to smell all day long and on my dresser to admire.
I’ll take a little piece of home wherever I can get it.

No comments:

Post a Comment