Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Deva-stated.

The girls who work in the beauty supply store downstairs from my office in the mall know me by first name.
I know…go figure.

I like to breeze through there on my lunch hour, admire the goods, see what’s new and exciting.

They have been on me for months about trying a new line made specifically for curly hair called Deva Curl. I am constantly on the lookout for the ultimate curly-hair-girl-shampoo and the salespeople were promising me a world of curls in a bottle.

I have been asking when the product would come in a travel size, because the Deva Curl system ain’t cheap…and I didn’t want to shell out twenty bucks a pop for shampoo, conditioner, and gel if I ended up thinking it was less than miraculous. They assured me IT WOULD BE MIRACULOUS and I totally need to buy it.

Here is the deal with Deva Curl.

Their shampoo is sulfate free, so there are no suds or bubbles involved when you shampoo your hair. Which is totally weird and takes some getting used to. Like you put the shampoo in your hair and it kind of like a magic show in Vegas, when something disappears in front of your eyes and a naked lady is involved. But you also kind of feel like your money disappeared too, because hey, that was twenty bucks, and where the hell did it go? Also like Vegas.

Another thing that is totally weird is that they call their shampoo “No Poo.”
I don’t have to tell you why that is weird.

So I did the disappearing No Poo, the Ultra Creamy Daily Conditioner, and followed up with the Set it Free Moisture Lock spray and used the Defining Gel as the cherry on what should have been my curly cake.

Should have been.

Results were – curls were more defined, but hair looked dull, a little flat and I hate to say it, a little frizzier than normal. What the what? The big claim of this product is that it locks in moisture and prevents frizz. Grrrr.

So now I am stuck with this little travel set of No Poo and other poo-less products that cost me close to thirty bucks.

The girls at the beauty supply store are in for a piece of my mind next time I head downstairs.

I learned a lesson. I need my suds. I love my lather. I like bubbles.

What can I say, I'm a fan of the poo.

I'll have the poo-poo-platter please.

1 comment:

  1. Haha! I had a similar experience with Chaz Dean's Wen. No suds, which was weird, but cool. But yes, hair was flat and not exciting. I probably wouldn't have minded if it didn't promise me the sun and the moon and a few years of eating all I want and not gaining any weight. Plus, it cost a bundle and since I have thick hair, it was gone in no time.

    Long story short (too late), I'm with you on this LF!

    ReplyDelete