Monday, August 15, 2011

A stressful little nutcase.

When people I know come back from vacationing in Hawaii it is inevitable that the following things will happen:

• They look all bronzed and relaxed.

• They tell me stories about how they got so bronze, sitting on the beach, relaxing.

• They hand me a over box of chocolate covered macadamia nuts.

Macadamia nuts, have never been my fave but covered in chocolate and given to me, I am destined to eat them. Then I feel bad for eating them, not liking them so much and all, what a waste of calories...then I will look at the back of the box and lose my mind after seeing that one chocolate covered macadamia nut has like 900 Weight Watchers points. Then I will go on a three mile run, in the unbearable heat, trying to work off half a box of nuts that I don’t even like. Then I will come through the front door all sweaty, look at the box, and eat another one, deciding I deserve one, after the three mile run and all. Then I will silently curse the co-worker who decided it would be a kind gesture to give me a box of those miserable things. Then I will watch a Real Housewives of New York marathon on Bravo and feel better about myself.

I have recently discovered a product derived from the macadamia nut that I enjoy much more than that heartless box of chocolates someone lugged home for me.

Macadamia Natural Oil Healing Oil Spray is an ultra fine mist that instantly absorbs into your hair. It provides tons of moisture and shine, and it really helps to tame the frizz of my sometimes unruly curls. I make a cocktail with it and my curl cream when my hair is wet, or spray and scrunch it into my dry hair on non hair wash days. It really helps with the frizzies on my dry hair. And the shine is a bonus!

It also has a yummy, island smell that makes me wish I was doing a hula dance at a luau in Hawaii. I imagine a pig with an apple in his mouth, lit torches, big buff guys with leis on and some crazy drum music. Maybe we would all blow into a conch shell like the Brady Bunch did when they went to Hawaii.

Oh, and two other things, my hair would look fabulous, and I there wouldn’t be any chocolate covered macadamia nuts around.

It’s just too stressful.
Blow Bobby, blow!

1 comment:

  1. I feel the same way about those nuts! What is the big deal? Why do I eat them anyway? arrrgh!!!!!

    ReplyDelete