Monday, August 1, 2011

Feeling brew-tiful.

I am one of those people who HAS to have their coffee in the morning. It is my kick start to my day, my boyfriend, my warm morning kiss - basically it is what gets my mouth turned on and working. Without it, I am mush, nada, nothing.

A few months back I had posted some pantry raid ideas, using items in your kitchen as beauty treatments – sugar and olive oil on my face, mayo in my hair and avocado all over my bod and all over my tub. Blech. In response to that post a reader had suggested massaging used coffee grounds on myself to help out with cellulite.

So…my boyfriend coffee and I had a whole new experience together last night.

I have to admit, it took me a while to experiment with this one because I am not a girl that is overly-concerned with cellulite. Not because I think I don’t have it, I’m sure I do, I just don’t go searching myself looking for it. Like if I pretend it doesn’t exist, it’s probably not there. I don’t wear daisy dukes or mini-skirts either, so I don’t think people are talking.

When I got home from work I noticed the grounds from the morning’s pot had not been tossed into the garbage can yet. Usually this would make me unhappy but yesterday I was thrilled. Why? Because I couldn’t wait to get down with some grounds!

I went up to the bathroom, stripped down, and got in the tub, adding a layer of warm water so I wouldn't freeze my ass off like I did when I had the date with the avocado (again, blech.) I knew my grounds would be cold from sitting all day – but I thought that would be good, adding to the caffeine-jolt-cellulite-blast-process. In my mind I pictured the caffeine smoothing and tightening up the dips and valleys on the road map that are my thighs.

I stood in the warm water and rubbed the grounds in a circular motion into my legs – it felt good, like it does when I use an exfoliating scrub. It smelled good too, like my kitchen does in the morning. It didn't look so pretty though – it was all brown, clumpy and streaky. But what did I expect? I was basically rubbing something that usually goes in the garbage on myself.

After my scrub down I stood there for a while - kind of with a “now what?” feeling – so I sat, soaked, and relaxed.

I brewed myself for about ten minutes. Just so you know, I am an Italian Blend – dark and nutty with some bright, floral notes. I wished I had some steamed milk to plop on top of myself.

I rinsed off and felt good, refreshed and my legs felt like they wanted to go-go-go. I worried that I would have temporary restless leg syndrome, but no, the feeling was not that intense. But they did feel buzzy, jacked up from the caffeine, and tingly!

So I got out and looked at myself and realized I had never given myself the once over prior to getting in the tub to have a “before” image in my mind, but I thought my “after” looked okay. My legs felt good and they smelled delicious.

I would totally do this again in preparation for a night out with a short skirt. Maybe for the daisy dukes I could soak in a tub of Jolt Cola and Red Bull.

I’ll let you know how that turns out.


Gee, your thighs smell terrific.

No comments:

Post a Comment