Monday, August 8, 2011

Ebony, ivory, living in perfect harmony.

Whenever I see a black and white cookie I buy it. I just bought myself one at a bagel shop and it is 7:15 in the morning. You just don’t see black and white cookies around much here in the northwest. I swipe them up like the Hamburgler swipes up burgers at Mickey Dees.

Here is what I love about black and white cookies:

• They have crunchy icing on the top – in TWO colors.
• They are soft and sweet.
• They are massive in size.

What’s not to like about all that? And they remind me of course of New York and being a kid, two things that are awesome.

Black and white cookies are simple, like childhood. A big, round piece of sugar with some more iced sugar on top. And let me mention again that they are the size of a steering wheel. The last one I had was last August at the Juniors Cheesecake in Grand Central Station – screw the cheesecake, I wanted the cookie. And let me tell you, August to now is way too long to go without having one.

Rimmel London makes an eye shadow quad that upon purchase, made me think of my precious black and white cookie.

I wanted to wear black eye shadow without looking like someone who would be in a Cinemax movie at 1:00 in the morning…not that I would know anything about that.

Glam’Eyes Quad Eyeshadow in Beauty Spells is all about nighttime black and white drama.

The Rimmel shadow has one of those teeny-tiny guides on the back of the package so you know where to place the four different colors on your lid. I bought this because I was going out and was wearing a sassy gunmetal gray little number and wanted my eyes to be as sassy as my dress.

It went on perfectly, giving me some drama, but not too much. Not Cinemax-y or raccoon-like at all, just sexy and fun.

Because that is what I want to be – sexy and fun - and eating a black and white cookie.
Is that so much to ask?

7:18 a.m.
It's the most important meal of the day and all.


3 comments:

  1. Love the cookie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. mmm. I hate to tempt your sweet tooth, Lori, but you could buy these online from NY :) These black and white cookies should satisfy any craving at all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness Tamar, I am all over it...thank you!!!

    ReplyDelete