Monday, July 11, 2011

From you to me pinky lee.

I love The Pink Ladies.

Frenchie, Marty, Jan and of course…Rizzo.

Back in the day I was obsessed with the movie Grease. I saw it in the movie theatre dozens of times, had the album that you folded open like a book, the graphic novel of the movie with photos from the movie and conversation bubbles of dialogue from the movie, the t-shirts, the posters, and had memorized the dialogue, song lyrics and dance moves. I also had a very involved, recurring dream about a sort of “double date” that with me, Danny, and Kenickie. That counts as a double date, right?

A wop-bom-a-looma-a-wop-bam boom.

Summer lovin'.
I, of course, wanted to be a member of The Pink Ladies. I was way more Rizzo than I was Sandy. I would have flipped my lid to have one of those jackets that they wore, all pink and sassy and badass.

Summer is here and school is officially out - it's time to bust out your hot pink hotties:

Flashy Fuschia Insta-Dri Fast Dry Nail Color by Sally Hansen.
One stroke, one coat, done? Count me in. This beautiful bright is perfect for summer and looks HAWT peeking out of sandals on freshly painted tootsies. Seriously, you really do need only one coat - you don’t even need a top coat. It goes on smooth and shiny and dries super-fast. Thank you Sally, for upping the pink on the hot meter.

Flamingo Beautifying Blush by Sonia Kashuk.
This is proof that a really great product doesn’t have to come from a department store. I read about this blush in a fashion magazine, as it was on a top picks list touted as a color that would look good on any skin tone. When I went to Target to get it I saw it and thought NO WAY – too bright for me. But I bought it anyway and am so glad I did. So pretty and perfect and pink.

Flashmode Lustreglass Lip Gloss by MAC.
I will continue to speak of the wonderfulness of MAC Lustreglass as long as I continue to write this blog. Love the brush applicator and love the moisturizing, non-sticky feel. This fuchsia tint has sparkly white pearl major shine factor, and is just overall very, very sexy. A gorgeous hot pink hue.

So there you are. A few pinkies that all start with the letter “F” as in Frenchie to make you feel like a true Pink Lady. Don’t forget your kerchief, your big black sunglasses, your pencil skirt, and your hickey from Kenickie.



2 comments:

  1. Love this posting! Brought back a lot of memories!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My mother would not let me see the movie. And thus I missed a crucial 7th grade social event; Buffy's movie/slumber party. I am sure it ruined my entire social standing for 7th and 8th grade. Ironically, my mother did buy me the album, and it is still a precious memory when I remember the look on her face when she flew up my bedroom stairs after hearing the line, "Elvis, Elvis, let me be. Keep that pelvis far from me" She wanted to destroy the album. My father told her, she bought it, she had to let me keep it.

    IN other news, I can't wait to try the nail polish. one coat might just turn me into a long nailed girl!

    ReplyDelete