Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Turn around bright eyes.

What comes to mind when I say the word "ceramics"?

• An ash tray you made your dad for Father’s Day back in the 70’s?
• A woman in a caftan with a booth at the Saturday Market?
• That miserable scene in the movie Ghost?

All those things came to my mind, until today.

I found a product by Estee Lauder that I really, really like, which is surprising since I am not an Estee Lauder kind of girl.

I think of Estee as the Mother to the much cooler, hipper, and now defunct Prescriptives brand and somehow in my mind I blame Estee for her demise. Like the evil step mother in Snow White, I see her conspiring with her huntsman to take the younger, fairer girl out into the forest and do away with her.

But that probably didn’t happen.

Yesterday I stopped by my mom's house. I opened the door, and before I got all the way inside she said, “Oh my God Lori, I have this new product I want to show you - come here, sit down.” And she plopped me down on the side of her tub in the bathroom.

She told me to look up, and before I knew what hit me I felt this cool, refreshing sensation under my eyes.

“What…is…that?” I asked, trying to look at exactly what she was doing to me as I had my eyes rolled up into the back of my head.

It was Idealist Cooling Eye Illuminator by the mother of all mothers, Estee Lauder.

The product is in a good-sized tube, like a lip gloss, but what makes it so great is the ceramic contoured tip which makes the application so intoxicating. The sensation is so cool and relaxing, you continue to feel it afterwards every time you blink your eyes.

The magic's in the ceramic tip.

It claims to reduce the look of dark circles and puffiness, letting you see brighter, more rested-looking eyes instantly.

Yup, I’d say that is true. It has light reflectors in it that downplay the dark circles like magic. I think that ceramic-cooling sensation helps with the puffiness, so I am sure it would feel really good after a late night out or after having one too many cocktails. Not that I would know anything about that.

Okay Estee, I like it, I dig it, you have tempted me...I might go out and buy it.


Yowza, look at those dark circles!
The old peddler woman certainly could benefit from the Cooling Eye Illuminator.


No comments:

Post a Comment