Friday, June 3, 2011

Salty, not sweet.

Mmmmmmm salt.

How do I love thee?
Let me count the ways.

Here are some salty things that I love:

• A good margarita - on the rocks, lots of salt.

• Warm butterscotch caramel pudding from one of my favorite restaurants, topped with sea salt.

• Saltwater drying in my hair from the sun after a dip in the ocean as I lie on the beach - my eyes closed as I listen to the sound of waves crashing in the distance.

It’s nice to dream isn’t it?
See, I live in Oregon. So when I go to the beach besides the wave crashing, none of that stuff happens.

But I lived in Florida, where it happened every weekend.

I miss that kind of beach. And I miss that feeling in my hair. That dirty but clean feeling. That taste when I put my hair in my mouth the next day and I can taste the ocean.

Yes, I would taste my hair after a day at the beach. You should try it, it’s delicious.

Can someone please bottle that feeling so I can escape and feel like I am fresh back from Clearwater Beach with the girls - complete with a tan, salty hair, and a fistful of phone numbers from cute boys?

Hey, Someone did!
(Well, the salty hair part at least.)

Thank you Bumble and bumble for your Surf Spray.

Beach hair in a bottle.

I spray this in my wet or dry hair wet or dry and twist my curls around with my fingers. It gives me that little bit of texture, that little bit of grit, that little bit of saltiness that I need. It adds shine, body, and really does make your hair look as though you had just been to the beach.

Yes, some of us aspire to achieve that windswept salty beach hair look, especially on a gray day in June.

I’m thankful I can get that in a bottle.

I guess I’ll just have to wait on the tan...and the phone numbers.

Salty...like a pirate.
Aaargh.

No comments:

Post a Comment