Monday, June 6, 2011

Cherry Kool-Aid works better.

Is there anything you really want to do for 24 hours?

Go to a rave?

Stand in a line for the day-after-Thanksgiving-sale?

Sting says he can have sex for 24 hours straight.
Ummmm, no thanks.

I had seen ads for Maybelline’s new lip color Super Stay 24.

It is supposed to stay on for 24 hours without crumbling, caking, or fading.

A 24 hour lip color? Sign me up! I want to have perfect lips when I wake up in the morning. I thought this product was ideal for the single ladies for when you have a sleepover and want to look a little made up in the morning. No more sneaking out of bed before him to get a little color on your pout!

I decided if I am going to do anything for 24 hours I was going to go big. I chose the shade “Keep Up the Flame”, a red hot red.

I am pretty bad at reading directions, for anything.
And why does a lipstick need to come with directions?

This already seemed way too involved.

The wand has two ends, one with the color and a sponge applicator tip and the other with a white balm that kind of looks like a glue stick. The white balm is step two so I guess in essence it is the glue that holds the color onto your mouth.

You are supposed to apply the color and wait two minutes for it to dry and then apply the glue stick. I just saw a #1 and a #2 and slapped them on and it didn’t work at all. Hence the reading of the directions.

So I followed them word for word and headed out the door on Friday afternoon for happy hour with some girlfriends which included over the course of two and a half hours: a greyhound, a salad, and a veggie burger.

I got to my car and pulled down the makeup mirror (which others may refer to as a sun shade) to check out how it had held up, expecting to see perfect red lips.

It was gone. All of it. Not even a trace of red stain was left.

Huh.

I followed the directions and everything!
Sorry Maybelline, but this one was a dud for me. And a close to a ten buck dud at that.

Oh bother… back to applying lipstick and lip gloss several times a day.

I guess some things are just not meant to last 24 hours.
Once again Sting, please take note.

2 comments:

  1. LOL so gland I'm not the only one who had trouble with long lasting lipstick. I got some for my wedding and it was a bust. And yes, Sting, take a big note.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I put it on the back of my hand when you first bought it and meant to call you on Saturday to let you know I could still see it! I didn't even apply the 'glue stick' either.

    ReplyDelete