Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Brown sugar.

Isn’t brown the new black?

I always feel great when I have on a fabulous chocolate brown something, just as I always feel good when I eat a fabulous chocolate brown something.

Unless of course eating that chocolate something involves standing in front of the kitchen cupboards with a spoon and a jar of nutella.


After those incidents I am usually feeling not-so-fabulous.
But usually, chocolate brown rocks my world.

Here are three make up loves that earn brownie points in my book:

Romeo and Joliet Nail Polish by OPI
Who says brown polish is just for the fall/winter? That is like saying you can’t wear black with navy, or white shoes after Labor Day – those rules just don’t apply anymore! I am wearing it as we speak and love looking down at my coppery-brown rich digits. I am all about the dark nail polish, and this is a color I can wear to the office without people asking me if it is Halloween. It reminds me of a root beer float, or black cherry soda from when I was little. I’m on my third bottle. Need I say more?

Chai Latte ExpertWear Eyeshadow Quad by Maybelline
This eyeshadow quad is the only chai item that will ever be in my life. I am not a fan of chai tea, chai lattes, or chai mocha frappucino milkshake coffee drinks that are out there right now. But this chai, I can get into. These are my go-to-everyday-of-the-week eyeshadow colors. So perfect for a brown haired, brown eyed girl. Two matte colors, a shimmery copper color and a dark brown crease/eyeliner color. Done! Great for travel too, you’re not lugging a million pots of color around with you. I never use an eyeshadow base or primer and let me tell you, these colors don’t run. These shadows make me wish someone would get up on a karaoke stage and dedicate that “Brown Eyed Girl” song to me while I act all coy and surprised.

Laguna Body Illuminator by NARS
Who wants to look sun-kissed and golden and like they just got back from Miami? I DO! This illuminator can be used all over your body and gives you some serious bronze sparkle when the beach is not always readily available (hello, Oregon). I massage it onto my arms and especially onto my legs, which rarely see the light of day. I like it better than a self-tanning product – when I want things I want them yesterday, and with this product I don’t have to wait for results! It also contains something called Monoi de Tahiti oil. Now I have no idea what that is, but I know I am a fan of it and would love a bucketful of it to rub on myself because it feels so moisturizing and it non-greasy.

So there you have it. The three you need, chocolate style.
For a girl who loves vanilla so much this list was surprisingly easy to come up with.

On a side note, if you mix a little nutella with a good thick clear gloss, the result is one delicious lip color.




No comments:

Post a Comment