Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Look ma, no sheet marks!

Isn’t it great when a product makes a promise that seems too good to be true come true?

My friend Amy at work has been telling me forever about a quick dry nail polish top coat that she swears by.

Here are some quotes from Amy:

“Lori, you can do your nails, wait five minutes, then go do the dishes.”

“Lori, you can do your nails before bed, go to sleep, and wake up with no sheet marks in the morning.”

“Lori, you can do your nails, uncork a bottle of wine, and still have a perfect manicure.”

SOLD.

Amy brought it to work so I could give it a go. Poshe’ Super-Fast Drying Top Coat is a product I have never heard of (surprise, surprise!), and with all of Amy’s hype I was anxious to sneak into an empty office, close the door, and try it. The bottle said it dried completely in five minutes. I was doubtful. I hoped nobody would go into that office for a while because it smelled like a nail salon in there.

I painted the clear coat on top of my week-old manicure and put Poshe’ to the test. I looked at the clock which read 10:40.

“Okay Aim,” I said, “At 10:45 these nails should be dry, right?”

“You bet,” she said confidently.

At the moment of truth I tapped my nails together. Let me tell you something.

DID NOT STICK ONE BIT.

I put my thumbnail up to my lip.

NOT TACKY AT ALL.

“AMY!” I yelled across the office. “They’re dry!”

I was so excited you think I had just won the lottery.

I went into the kitchen and ran them under water, mimicking doing the dishes. I even mimed washing a pot and a pan.

STILL DRY AND SUPER SHINY.
EVEN AFTER THE MIMING.

So thank you, Amy, because as everyone knows there is nothing worse than sheet marks in nail polish.

Nothing...except maybe wrecking your nails trying to get into that bottle of wine.

Poshe' Spice.

No comments:

Post a Comment