Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Ginger spice.

When I was a kid my grandma and I would walk up to the five-and-ten store (aka Woolworth's Drug Store) and sit at the “luncheonette” counter to get a little something to whet our whistles after the five minute walk from her house to the store.

I love a good soda fountain - egg creams, lime rickeys, malts…and nothing quenches my thirst quite like a milkshake.

One soda fountain staple that I adore is a ginger ale float ~ basically a root beer float but with ginger ale instead of root beer. I guess this drink is also referred to as a “Boston Cooler” but I was not cool enough as a little girl to know that.

I love ginger ale.

I am not a big soda drinker today, but I adore my Canada Dry. Growing up, we always had those miniature glass bottles of them at our house. Is it more of an east coast thing? I don’t see much Canada Dry representation out here on the west coast.

Ginger ale was also medicinal. Upset tummy? I was given flat ginger ale soda to drink. Even flat it was yummy. But ice cold and bubbly was how I liked it best, especially with that scoop of vanilla ice cream in it.

Today I can smell like my favorite bubbly concoction by slathering on Origins Ginger Soufflé Whipped Body Cream. I put some on this morning and honestly, I have never smelled a cream that smelled more carbonated and gingery. It has a tang to it and feels cool, rich, and the scent is long lasting. I like the ginger perfume as well, but I prefer the subtlety and the texture of wearing a soufflé.


And it makes me feel like I’m once again a little girl in pigtails sitting in the vinyl-glitter chair at the five-and-ten, reaching up high to grab my straw and sip a rush of that bubbly ginger goodness.


1 comment:

  1. LOVE Origins Ginger Soufflé Whipped Body Cream! I also recently bought the ginger body spray to use after a bath or shower. Is there a soda fountain in PDX? It would be so fun to go together!

    ReplyDelete