Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Just a pinch.

I have read that back in the days before makeup (shudder), ladies would bite their lips vigorously and pinch their cheeks really hard before entering a room to give themselves that healthy glow we all strive for today.

OUCH.

Thank God I have my Tarte Cheek Stain gel blush.

When I first heard about this gel blush it made me think off rouge, which made me think of my grandmother. When I was a little girl I would lay on her bed and watch her put on her make up, which included a beautiful, ornate, emerald green tin of creamy rouge.

I think she pulled out that same exact tin when I went to visit her last August. I guess rouge can last you a long time, like a lifetime!

Tarte Cheek Stain is not rouge.

I love this stuff and have had the same chunky tube of it forever - not as long as Grandma but for like a year. A little really does go a long way. It is foolproof to use, just dot it on each cheek and blend with your fingers. After I put it on I look like I just had a visit from my Aunt Phyllis, who is a big cheek pincher.

The cheek stain is a water-based gel, so it won’t dry out your skin, and it is oil free so it won’t clog your pores.

It is so natural looking, and a refreshing change from the powder stuff. It is a “stain”, and true to its name and lasts all day long. The shade I wear is called ‘flush’, a perfect sheer berry color that makes me look like I have just been out in the sun, working out, or doing other things that may cause you to, ummmm, have flushed cheeks.

Heck, even Scarlett O’Hara pinched her cheeks in Gone with the Wind to get that healthy blush. Remember that scene? If Scarlett gave a damn enough to get that rosy glow than I should too.


1 comment:

  1. My Grandma had that tin of rouge - I just LOVED the smell of it - an I don't even think there was fragrance involved. It smelled like my Grandmother!

    ReplyDelete