Monday, April 18, 2011

'Cuz I'm the taxman.

Get excited, it’s officially tax day.

Did you get a big refund? What are you going to do with it?

Pay down your credit card debt?
Get started on your Christmas shopping? (Hate those people.)
Buy some fun new makeup?

ME TOO!

And guess what, you don’t have to break the bank to go out and treat yourself to a little goodie. You work hard all year! You deserve it! This is like free money! You need a treat! Treats are good!

Here are ten fabulous things you can get for under twenty-stinkin-dollars at Nordstrom:

$18 - deborah lippmann nail polish in ‘glitter is in the air’ or ‘happy birthday’.
Ok, I know $18 seems like a lot of money for a little bottle of nail polish, but come on, how fun is this? It’s glittery without being gaudy.

$10 – l’Occitane Shea Butter Hand Cream.
There is a reason people swear by this hand cream, it’s super-nourishing and sinks right in with a light, pretty, kind of almond-y scent.

$8.50 – Clinique Take the Day Off.
For your lids, lashes, and lips – the best waterproof mascara eye makeup remover I have ever used, it takes it all off in one swoop.

$18 – Twirl fragrance by Kate Spade.
"She had a cocktail in hand and confetti in her hair." Oh, does Kate Spade not have the cutest little quotes to go along with all of her products? Does that quote not make you want to try that perfume? For $18? Very fruity and spring-y and even claims to have a touch of French macaroon somewhere in there. I’m in.

$14.00 – MAC Dazzle Lash Mascara in Black Dazzle.
Gotta say I love the price points at the MAC counter. I’m not ok with spending $30 on mascara, but $14? Sounds pretty reasonable for a big tube of mascara with a glittery black cap. In addition to having a great brush with no clumping, this formula is built to help curl puny lashes, making them look upward, not outward.

$16 – laura mercier eyelash curler.
I love the size of this puppy. It’s little and cute and fits in my purse. A nice alternative to my everyday big clunky apparatus.

$15 – Juicy Tubes Lip gloss by Lancome.
This juicy was juicy way before people were wearing velvet sweatpants with the word ‘JUICY’ across their backsides. Super shiny lip gloss. Fun colors. Good price. Doesn’t make your butt look big.

$19.00 – ‘Try It Kit’ by Smashbox.
What a great way to try so many new things! You get some of their bestsellers, including their famous eye and foundation primers, a lip gloss, mascara and a liner. Spread that out on your bed and say to anyone who will listen, “Look what I got for nineteen bucks!”

$14.00 – Nail Corrector Pen by Essie.
What are those people called who can use their right hand and their left interchangeably, ambidextrous? I always wish I was one of those people whenever I paint my nails. My left hand always looks so much prettier than my right one. This pen helps the right one look a little bit more presentable.

$14.00 – MAC 31 Lash Eyelashes.
Yes I know false eyelashes may seem a bit much, but if Oprah wears them every damn day, why can’t I? The “31” is a very natural length, and the look is pretty and flirty. And yes, I have worn them to work a few times (again, if Oprah can, so can I.) Life is short, make your lashes longer and see what kind of attention comes your way.



Put the 'fun' back in refund!


1 comment:

  1. Would you please point your false eyelashes out to me next time you wear them to work? I'm interested! (Amy)

    ReplyDelete