Monday, April 4, 2011

Be prepared.

I was not the best Girl Scout.

Bottom line, I enjoyed eating brownies much more than I liked being one.

I also liked the uniform, or as I referred to it, “the costume”, which consisted of a light brown jumper, orange knee socks, and chocolate brown beanie hat – how adorable!

But here are the things I did not like:

• Scout meetings
• The outdoors
• Putting forth a little effort to earn badges

As you can guess, my scouting career was short. I was definitely more into the fashion aspect of it, and being able to wear the costume to school on troop meeting days made me feel special and fashion forward.

My mom as a Girl Scout..."on her honor" - me as a Brownie...on my way out the door.

Too bad I couldn’t earn a badge for flawless makeup application.

My friend Kristen and I were at the MAC counter the other day so she could buy some of her Prep + Prime. I had never tried a makeup primer and wanted to know why she liked it so much. Here is what she told me:

“It softens any redness in my skin tone”
“It has a little sparkle to it”
“It makes my foundation last all day”
“It makes me look all bright, dewy, and glowy”

Oh Kristen, you had me at sparkle.

I tried it, and have been using it the last few days and I can see what the fuss is about. Even after working out on my lunch hour, my makeup still looks perfect this afternoon.

Prep + Prime, I salute you with two fingers held proudly in the air.

And I could sell the hell out of you, way better than I could a box of Thin Mints.

4 comments:

  1. I am so ready for a make-up "primer" from you. Now I know why you (and Kristin) always look so great, you actually put time into your appearance.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Smashbox has a good one too! I'm too lazy to do use it everyday, but it great for a long night out. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, I'm the MAC girl that sampled that for you, I'm glad you love it! We have a brand new under eye primer I think you will also love : )

    ReplyDelete
  4. CA - I will give you a primer whenever you want baby!

    Joc- I have tried the smash box a few times, I really love the MAC! Get a sample & try it, let me know what you think!

    Amanda - I'm digging the primer and loving the mascara & lipstick...

    ReplyDelete