Tuesday, March 22, 2011

What's New, Bobbi Brown?

I never thought in a million years I would like cream eye shadow. It's always had that ‘old lady’ vibe to me.

But today, I moseyed on over to the Bobbi Brown counter on my lunch break just to see if there was anything new and exciting on the menu. When the woman helping me was going through the new products and got to the cream shadows I must have grimaced.

“What was that for?” she asked, catching me mid scrunched-up-nose.
“I’ve never tried that stuff” I said easing into her chair.
“Well you’re trying it now” she slapped me on the leg and got to work.
I like a makeup artist that takes charge.


So begrudgingly, I let her put some cream eye shadow on me, and let me tell you, I cannot stop looking at myself in the mirror this afternoon. And that is not normal.

The cream shadow goes on velvety-smooth, and has not creased one bit all day, which I totally suspected it would have. I went with a really pretty spring color called ‘Heather’, a lilac-y mauve shade. You can layer powder shadow on top of it to make it last longer, or to make the color more dramatic.


Okay cream eye shadow, you win. You are not just for old ladies.

I have to go now so I can look at myself in the mirror one more time.



This Bobbi, not that Bobby.


1 comment:

  1. you know, reading these posts, you might just inspire me to start wearing a bit of make up again. Perhaps it's time to bust out of the stay at home mommy look I've been sporting. (Even when I' at the theater!)

    ReplyDelete