Sunday, March 13, 2011

PDX-cellent!

Three reasons I love Top Ten Nails on Hawthorne:


  1. 'Crazy Train' by Ozzy plays on the muzak, and the xylophone is involved.
  2. Two drag queens came in while I was getting my nails done yesterday wanting french manicures.
  3. You can get a really good mani for only 13 bucks.
I've come crawling back to Top Ten after being away for a little over a month...I was seeing another salon due to a Groupon and that the offered Shellac (see previous post, it all ended very messy) but now I am back and it feels like I am again in the arms of an old luv-ah.

Top Ten is no fancy-schmancy salon, it is admittedly bare bones but the ladies (and gentleman) who work there really take their time and do a great job. They are also not super chatty, so when I just want to close my eyes and shut out the world while they work on my cuticles they don't seem to mind.

Honestly, for $13 you really can't ask for a better cheapie-quickie afternoon-delight indulgence. We can all afford that can't we? For aesthetic reasons and for our minds, it's good to escape sometimes.


Top Ten Nails
3415 SE Hawthorne Boulevard
Portland, OR 97214
(503) 236-7827

No comments:

Post a Comment