Wednesday, March 9, 2011

I like to smell like a cookie.

Oh, vanilla, how do I love thee?

My girlfriends and my family know that vanilla is my thing. In food and in fragrance.

When I step off the plane in New York the first place I want to go is to Carvel for a giant soft serve ice cream cone with rainbow sprinkles. My aunt gets annoyed and asks, "Why the hell do you want to go to Carvel? It's just soft serve?" She just doesn't understand. To me, it's not just soft serve, it is a taste of my childhood. And it's cold but somehow warm yummy sugar vanilla goodness.

Not surprisingly I have always gravitated towards vanilla based fragrances as well. Right now I am going between Laura Mercier Eau de Toilette - Vanille Gourmande which I l-o-v-e. It has a vanilla booze-y scent to it, like warm bourbon. My other favorite is Escada Magnetism. I would say this is a more sultry vanilla, with hints of musk and even patchouli but not in a college kind of way.

If you get a whiff of a bakery and you don't see one on the corner, that was probably just me walking by you.

A little taste of home...

No comments:

Post a Comment