Sunday, March 13, 2011

Cream, not Crisco.

When I was in the eighth grade and living in Tampa, Florida, my best friend and I used to lay out on the roof of my house to get tan. We wanted to get as close to the sun as possible so we would climb out the window of my parents bedroom, lay down our towels on the steep incline and rub ourselves down with one of two products:


  1. baby oil
  2. Crisco
No, I'm not kidding.
As if baby oil wasn't bad enough right? We slathered ourselves with shortening and tried to bake like pork chops on the roof of my house in suburbia. (We also tried smoking banana peels while we were up there but that is a story for another time - and by the way, it doesn't work).


Obviously when I was a teenager being tan was important to me. And in retrospect, that was stupid because I am already olive skinned and I was living in frickin' Florida so I was super tan to begin with.


Now that I am older and a little wiser, when I want that bronze glow I know that Crisco is not the way to go.


I use Jergens Natural Glow moisturizer. After just a few days I notice a healthy, natural- looking tan without sacrificing my skin by frying in a tanning bed or on a roof top.


Post roof layout with friend.
Lookin' good!




No comments:

Post a Comment