Wednesday, March 30, 2011

The bottom line.

Here are some things that are just better when they are smaller:

• The balance on my Visa
• My waistline
• Mascara brush designed just for my bottom lashes

I was skeptical of Clinique’s Bottom Lash Mascara, not for any other reason than it had the “why bother” factor to it. Really? A special mascara made just for my bottom lashes? I mean I have lived all of my years without it and…so far, so good. But, I had a reader, Lisa, e-mail me and ask me if I had tried it and since I hadn’t, I thought I would.

And I ask myself now, how have I lived all of my years without it?

The teeny-tiny brush is just perfect for those babies on the bottom. No smearing, smudging, or having to bust out the Q-tips. It is also great for touching up the top lashes, especially in the corners where it’s hard to stick that big ol’ wand. And guess what? It’s only ten stinkin’ dollars. That’s like two foofy coffee drinks. Wouldn’t you rather have pretty, flirty eyes?
When I asked for it at the Clinique counter, the makeup artist in the white lab coat (I love that they still do that) got all excited.

“You will love it! The formula is water-resistant, so when you cry it doesn’t come off” she said, like crying is an everyday occurrence.

“Wow, I’ll have to test that out!”, I replied.

“You should!” she said, taking my ten bucks and giving me a big smile.

As I walked away I wondered what could possibly make me so sad, since my new mascara had made me so happy!

So…I’m off to watch Terms of Endearment, I’ll keep you posted.


If you have a product you would like me to try for you like Lisa did, just e-mail me at onceuponaproduct@gmail.com I am happy to be your test driver!

5 comments:

  1. I am totally going to try it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sold! I tried this and LOVED it! I normally don't do my bottom lashes because the big brush can't get down and dirty like this little one could. And...for $10 stinkin' bucks?! Come on!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Do you end up looking like Liza Minelli in Cabaret?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mame, I wish.
    No, it's not spider-y or Kardashian at all.

    ReplyDelete